Other places to find legal help and information:
If you need to hire an attorney, here is a place to find a local attorney:
- State Bar of New Mexico Lawyer Referral Service (or by phone: 505-797-6066 or 1-800-876-6227) - A statewide lawyer referral service for New Mexico residents.
You can find free legal information at:
- LawHelp New Mexico – New Mexico's free legal information website
- NM Courts.gov Self Help Guide – Instructions and forms for how to handle certain types of court cases without help from a lawyer
Free Legal Help for Low-Income New Mexicans :
- New Mexico Legal Aid – apply online or call intake line: 1-833-LGL-HELP (1-833-545-4357)
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
- SHARE New Mexico Resource Directory - An on-line directory for where to find help in your local community