Other places to find legal help and information:
If you need to hire an attorney, here is a place to find a local attorney:
- State Bar of New Mexico Online Bar Directory - An online directory of private attorneys in New Mexico. Enter your city and the area of practice you're seeking an attorney in to pull up a list of relevant private attorneys in your area.
You can find free legal information at:
- LawHelp New Mexico – New Mexico's free legal information website
- NM Courts.gov Self Help Guide – Instructions and forms for how to handle certain types of court cases without help from a lawyer
Free Legal Helplines for New Mexicans:
- Legal Resources for the Elderly Program - A free legal helpline for current New Mexico residents 55 and older. Call (505) 797-6005
- Modest Means Helpline - A free legal helpline for current New Mexico residents of modest means. Call (505) 797-6013
Legal Aid Programs in New Mexico:
- New Mexico Legal Aid – apply online or call intake line: 1-833-LGL-HELP (1-833-545-4357)
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
- SHARE New Mexico Resource Directory - An on-line directory for where to find help in your local community
Active-Duty Military/Veterans Legal Assistance
ABA Home Front
ABA Home Front provides legal information, resources, and a directory of legal programs for veterans, service members, and military families. Programs listed include military legal assistance offices, legal aid and pro bono organizations, lawyer referral and information services, and military-specific programs where available.
ABA Military Pro Bono Project
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military attorneys on behalf of junior-enlisted, active-duty military personnel facing civil legal issues, and it works to place these cases with pro bono attorneys.