Other places to find legal help and information:
If you need to hire an attorney, here is a place to find a local attorney:
- State Bar of New Mexico Lawyer Referral Service (or by phone: 505-797-6066 or 1-800-876-6227) - A statewide lawyer referral service for New Mexico residents.
You can find free legal information at:
- LawHelp New Mexico – New Mexico's free legal information website
- NM Courts.gov Self Help Guide – Instructions and forms for how to handle certain types of court cases without help from a lawyer
Free Legal Help for Low-Income New Mexicans :
- New Mexico Legal Aid – apply online or call intake line: 1-833-LGL-HELP (1-833-545-4357)
Need help with food, clothing, shelter, medicine or other services?
- SHARE New Mexico Resource Directory - An on-line directory for where to find help in your local community
Active-Duty Military/Veterans Legal Assistance
ABA Home Front
ABA Home Front provides legal information, resources, and a directory of legal programs for veterans, service members, and military families. Programs listed include military legal assistance offices, legal aid and pro bono organizations, lawyer referral and information services, and military-specific programs where available.
ABA Military Pro Bono Project
The ABA Military Pro Bono Project accepts case referrals from military attorneys on behalf of junior-enlisted, active-duty military personnel facing civil legal issues, and it works to place these cases with pro bono attorneys.